Saturday, May 31, 2014

Kirin Koiwai Junsui Hakutou White Peach Juice

 photo IMG_1575_zps30edf715.jpg   photo IMG_1578_zps04b7e527.jpg 
 This drink is really enjoyable. It is a non carbonated peach flavor soft drink and reminds me of a lot of the non carbonated fruit drinks that you can get in Japan. Owned by Kirin which bought the Koiwai Family Products which produced milk for a lot of eastern Japan. At about 200 calories for the entire bottle it may not be the healthiest of drinks that I have reviewed on the site but still is delicious. Shake before drinking! It has a definitive peach flavor to it which is one of my favorite fruits. I guess I was biased in the store when I saw the peach on the front I instantly grabbed it. It is sweet.  At $2.99 it is a high price for a 15.6 fluid ounces (470 ml), but glad I at least tried it. A mix drink would cost you more and I would still enjoy this more. I can tell you now that i would buy this again but $2.99 is pretty steep in which I wouldn't unless a bit lower. I honestly can not find much information about this actual beverage or the history other then news articles about Kirin owning most of the shares in Koiwai and running the beverage side of the business and helping out with their dairy side.
 photo IMG_1580_zpsc04f45f7.jpg photo IMG_1577_zps0aa0ddfb.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment