Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Glico Pocky Strawberry

 photo DSCF8459-2_zps3ab9d1a5.jpg  photo DSCF8463-2_zps6a4e0000.jpg 

Ezaki Glico Co. is the company that is behind the Pocky snacks! Pocky was a gateway Japanese Snack for me back in the day. The headquarters are located in Osaka, Japan. Glico is derived from Glycogen, and the first candy produced was Glico Caramel. It had enough calories in it to run 300 meters which is also why the Glico 300 meter running man became the trademark. Pocky is chocolate covered pretzel sticks and the amount of flavors are vast. They took the popular Pretz sticks and decided to coat them in chocolate. They use to do this by hand until it was to much to do manually and thus it was automated.

These a great snacks and was really my first Japanese/Asian snack food that I tried back in 2006. It was my gateway snack as you can call it and probably the same for a lot of others. Pocky was a phenomenon at anime conventions I remember and people still "cosplay" as boxes of their favorite Pocky. Most people I know love the chocolate ones but I am a strawberry all the way. It is easy to get through a box of these and they are easy to eat with hands or no hands as well. The variety of flavors are outrageous and I will have more to review yet. If you are looking for simple flavor and not expensive like some of the other ones, strawberry is the way to go. It has the taste of strawberry chocolate on this pretzel stick that "snaps" in your mouth when you bight down on it. I even leave a few boxes in my desk drawer at work to snack on while writing up a report.
I recommend Strawberry Pocky for sure, grab some!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment